- Dax McCarty – DC’s captain had the pressure put onto him by Branko Boskovic…that is until his injury. Now the responsibility of manning the midfield and driving the offense falls squarely onto McCarty’s shoulders. With United’s recent struggles and all the talk of this game being “vital” its likely we’ll see a high work rate from Dax. The big question is this: will the pressure of recent home failures, captaincy and United’s history against Seattle be too much for McCarty or will he rise to the occasion? Keep a close eye on it.
- Kasey Keller- The stalwart in goal for the Sounders will look to lead his troops onto the field against United. He’ll also look to lead them off the field with three points. A veteran like Keller knows that a team with their backs to the wall like United will be dangerous. Keller will need to come up big for Seattle here.
- Charlie Davies- It’s the promising striker vs the veteran goalkeeper. Charlie Davies continues to work towards full form. He’s scored five goals thus far this season, though only two in the run of play. Look for Davies to use his speed and give the home fans a treat.
- Freddy Montero- He’s found the back of the net and has shown signs of hunger. Couple that with his historic successes at RFK and we’ll likely see something special from the Columbian. Here’s hoping he keeps his head on straight and his confidence up.
- Nate Jaqua- Some reports are suggesting that Nate Jaqua is the ideal partner for Freddy Montero. Throw me into that ring. Jaqua has a high work rate, surprising touch for a man of his size and a nose for goal. After just earning his first start in recent memory, we’ll likely see a man seeking to prove his coach’s trust was not misplaced.
For those seeking an excellent video preview, Arlo White is up to his usual level of professionalism in this preview for SoundersFC.comhttp://www.soundersfc.com/media-library/Videos/Features/2011/05-May/110502-Scouting-Report-at-DC-
The game will be live on MLSSoccer.com for Matchday Live Users, Direct Kick, and KONG (Seattle only) at 7:30 pm EST.