We all have things we'd like to see happen in our soccer world. Sometimes they are completely legitimate, relevant and probable. Sometimes though, these hopes are merely flights of fantasy. With that in mind, here are ten possibilities that I've been toiling around in my noggin, wondering...
Wouldn't it be fun if:
- New York City FC purchased the name and rights of FC New York. Then used the name and also sponsor their own USLPRO team termed FC New York PRO?
- Antigua Barracuda (0-12 in USLPRO) played a friendly against Chivas USA (3-8-2 in MLS)? Winner plays Fort Lauderdale (2-5-2 in NASL)
- the New England Revolution played in Boston?
- the US Open Cup became a tournament known to all sports fans?
- Real Salt Lake went ahead with their plans to create, develop and manage a full USLPRO side named the Salt Lake Royals?
- microphones were attached to Mike Petke, Peter Vermes and Bruce Arena for every game with the audio being streamed directly to the internet?
- MLS released the audio of what players are saying to the referees when they surround them?
- DC United moved to Miami temporarily while RFK is torn down and a soccer specific stadium is built?
- Sporting Kansas City developed kits inspired by Tron?
- Jimmy Conrad, Eric Wynalda and Alexi Lalas were given their own team, with the stipulation that it be an HBO reality series hosted by Taylor Twellman?